MUET Writing tips
1. Before writing an essay, you must know its basic structure. A MUET reference book might show you this. The Red and the Grey one :)
2. Do task 2 first, because it is worth more mark and easier
3. Don’t waste too much time on Task 1. Learn all specific writing structure for each type of task 1. In the real test, you just have to apply that structure with new data and suitable verb tenses. Read sample essays and take note good structure to have a wide range of academic structures for task 1
4. You must complete both tasks. If you don’t, you will be penalized very heavily.
5. Again, practice writing. Do both 2 tasks in one hour. You can focus only on task 1 or task 2, but before the test, you should practice writing both tasks to familiar with time limit.
6. Practice makes perfect. In writing, this statement is completely true. But it is better if there is someone to check writing for you and you can learn from your mistakes.
7. Writing requires wide academic vocabulary.
8. Avoid all informal ways of writing. For example: no abbreviations, no 1st and 2nd pronoun or possessive (I, you, me, my, your), except in conclusion where you have to state your opinion.
9. Each body paragraph has to include: topic sentence, supporting sentences (2-3 sentences), development sentences (evidence: example, experience, data). You are advised to put topic sentence at the beginning of each body paragraph. Don't be creative in this case.
That is all I can think of. I hope you will be lucky in your exam insya Allah. But REMEMBER, to reach success, you MUST make an effort. You should have a clear motivation and a strong will to overcome difficulties. When I did practice tests, I was exhausted. But no success comes easily. Practice is the only way to gain success <3
And the final point I want to mention is:
Relax before the test!
Attempting to do one or two practice test before the real test won’t help you increase your score. In return, it will make you feel stressed and unconfident.
Whatever it is, just keep on praying. Insya Allah everything will be fine :)
Here's one of the link for you > muetmyway